Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tidy Tuesday: Shoe Organization

A girl can never have too many shoes, right?  Stephen would probably beg to differ.  And since I do have quite the collection of shoes, keeping them organized is important, so today's Tidy Tuesday tip is...

Organize your shoes by color and style.

I stay on top of my shoe organizing game by using labeled shoe boxes.  You can buy these clear plastic boxes with lids just about anywhere for around $1 a piece.  My shoe box of choice is by Sterilite and mine were purchased from Wal-Mart.  I've also seen boxes similar to these at Dollar General and sometimes Dollar Tree will even carry them.  The Dollar Tree ones  are not quite as sturdy but they get the job done.  The next thing I've done with my shoes is labeled each box with my label maker.  Mine are labeled by color and style (Ex: Dressy black flats, plain black flats, brown sandals, tennis shoes, etc.).  I've also read that professional organizers take a picture of the pair of shoes and affix the picture to the outside of the box so that they know which pair of shoes is inside.  I don't have the patience to go that far with my organization obsession but maybe one day.  Here's what the top of my closet looks like:


    
(Please ignore our obnoxiously ugly popcorn ceiling)


Pretty snazzy huh?   Here are some other organized shoes I'm swooning over....





 
 
Hope your Tuesday is terrifically tidy!  Love you guys!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment