Monday, February 4, 2013

Thrift Store Re-do

 

I'm a thrift store-aholic and a few weeks ago I scored this plain jane mail organizer  for $1.  Our mail tends to get strewn all over the kitchen, so this was the perfect purchase for an organizing fool like myself.  I've been wanting to jazz it up a bit and finally had a chance to work my crafty magic on it this weekend.  After applying a little black craft paint and some vinyl lettering (cut on my Cricut), it looks completely different!  What do you guys think?




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love!!! You may want to redo the pic and blur out your address so crazy people can't find you and know who you bank with.
    What kind of paint did you use? I have a really large frame that I want to re-purpose in black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. The paint I used was just glossy black craft paint from Hobby Lobby. I think the brand was Apple Barrel? I'll have to look and see when I get home!

      Delete