Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shelia's Stuffed Mushrooms

It's been a while since I posted a recipe on the blog so I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite recipes handed down from my mother.  Shelia's stuffed mushrooms!  Warning:  these are absolutely NOT weight watchers friendly... but every girl needs to splurge a little every now and then.

Ingredients:

  • 1 bundle of green onions
  • 1 package of raw mushrooms with stems (bigger is better)
  • 12 oz. package of raw bacon 
  • 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 cup of shredded white cheddar
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • Salt to taste


Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Wash green onions and mushrooms and remove the stems from mushrooms and set them aside in a large glass bowl.  I use my Pampered Chef Batter Bowl with lid





















2.  Using your food processor, chop mushroom stems and 4 green onions until fine.  Put the mushroom/onion mixture in your glass bowl with the stems from step 1.   

3.  Open your package of bacon and cut it in half.  Using your food processor, chop half of the bacon up and add it to your bowl.  Then repeat that step with the other half of your bacon, combining it with the mixture as well.





















4.  Cover your glass bowl and heat in microwave on high for 8 minutes.  When that has finished cooking, drain off your fat. 

5.  As soon as you drain off the fat, mix your 8 oz. cream cheese in with the mushroom mixture while it is still hot.  This will melt as soon as you combine it.





















6.  Mix  1 cup of panko bread crumbs in with the mushroom mixture and add salt to your liking.  




















7.  Place the caps of your mushrooms (stem side up) in a 9x13 glass casserole dish and fill each cap with mushroom mixture.  





















8.  Top each mushroom with white cheddar and bake for 20-25 minutes.  I also like to add a little pinch of panko on top with my white cheddar to give it an extra crunch.
           



Mmmm-mmmmmmmmm good!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for following my blog Elizabeth! I'm heading over to your page to do the same :)

      Delete