Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weight Watchers Week 1 Update

As you probably already know, one of my goals for 2013 is to lose 40 pounds.  I know that seems kinda ridiculous but I set that goal for myself so that I could get into a healthy weight range.  To help me do so I've been using the Weight Watchers Points Plus System.  I am happy to report that as of Sunday I have lost 5 lbs on week 1 of WW!  Wooo hooo!!!!  Week one wasn't a walk in the park, I had cravings like crazy, but luckily I didn't feel deprived and stuck to my points without going over each day.  They give you an extra 49 "flex points" each week in case you do go over your points allotment or in case you need them for a special occassion (Birthday, outing, etc) but I've noticed that you don't lose as much weight when you use those additional weekly points.   You can also earn extra points by exercising each day but I haven't yet incorporated a weekly exercise regimen into my diet.  However, I did work out one day last week (pitiful, I know).  My goal is to work out at least twice a week if not more.   If you're looking to lose weight and want some healthy snack ideas, I've put together a list of my favorite guilt free snacks below...

1. Thomas 100 Calorie Bagel Thins -These are a breakfast favorite!  They come in a ton of different varieties but what we eat the most of are the 100 percent whole wheat and the everything bagel thins.  I like to spread a little Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese on them, which brings me to my next snack...















2. Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese Spread-  This stuff is great for bagels or even toast.  I like to put mine on the bagel thin then top it with sliced banana or another fruit such as blueberries.  Walmart carries several of these spreads along with lots of other Weight Watchers brand snacks.














3.  Laughing Cow Cheese- These also come in a variety of flavors and are only 35 calories for one wedge!












4. Fiber One 90 calorie brownies- These are great for when I have a sweet tooth!














5. Healthy Choice Frozen Greek Yogurt- These are also great for a sweet tooth and they have lots of protein so they leave you feeling satisfied.  I've tried the vanilla bean, blueberry and strawberry.  Vanilla bean is Mine and Stephen's favorite but they all taste great!  Did I mention they are only 100 calories?  SCORE!














6. Fresh Fruit- Fruit is zero points on Weight Watchers so we've been eating a lot of this at the Cash house lately!












7. Pop Chips (Salt & Vinegar)-  I'm a junk food junkie and Salt & Vinegar chips are my weakness!  If you want all the flavor with half the fat, these are a delicious option!














8. Simply 7 Sea Salt Hummus Chips- I saw these at TJ Maxx last weekend and thought I'd give them a try, and let me tell you...I could eat my weight in these!  SO YUMMY!  You can also pick these up at your local Whole Foods, but TJ Maxx sometimes carries them and at a lower price.














9. Quaker White Cheddar Rice Cakes- Another satisfying snack if you're a potato chip lover and in search of a healthier alternative.  I've also tried the Publix brand white cheddar rice cakes because they were cheaper but the flavor was not nearly as good to me.  And the best part about this is, they are only 1 point a piece!  Spread a little Laughing Cow cheese on it for more flavor and call it a day!














10. Wholly Guacamole 100 Calorie Packs- I could eat Mexican food everyday and my lack of self-control is obviously what got me into this position in the first place.  But these are low in carbs, high in Fiber, and yummy to my tummy!  Definitely worth the 3 point value!















Now I'm just making myself hungry.  Back to the water bottle I go!!!!  Happy dieting friends!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Get it girl!!! Congrats on 5 lbs!!!! I can't wait to get home and weigh (or at least I think I cant wait). I am ready to see if cutting back is paying off. I have only exercised 1 night so I def cant say that is going to help ha! Congrats again so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl; that's 12.5% of your goal in one week!!! Keep up the great work! (and, I love those Fiber One brownies too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement Keena. I'm trying my best to stick with it!

      Delete