Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions

2013 is only a day away and like the billions of other people across the U.S. and around the globe, I've vowed to make a few resolutions for the new year.  As of right now, I have 2 major resolutions I'd like to follow through on to better myself and live a healthier, happier life.

#1.  Read through the Bible.  I try to spend time daily in God's Word, but I've never successfully read through the entire Bible.  I've set this goal for myself several times in the past but have ended up making excuses and giving up on it.  Rather than try and read front to back cover, I've purchased the One Year Bible that allows you to read through Scripture in chronological order.  I'm pretty pumped about it!  I picked mine up at Lifeway Christian Store here in town, but you can purchase one online at Amazon as well as Barnes and Noble.  I'm sure there are even downloadable versions for your Kindle and other eReaders.

#2. Lose Weight.  I've always battled with my weight and have pretty much tried every diet out there to no avail.  A few years ago I did the Weight Watchers program and found it successful.  I lost down to my goal weight then decided I didn't need to diet anymore because I was where I wanted to be.  Of course shortly after I began gaining back the weight.  So a few years and several pounds later I'm back and ready to start again.  Rather than spending money we dont have on weight watchers meetings, I'm going to use the PointsPlus program materials I already have and diet from home.  Stephen is going to diet with me and help keep me accountable.  Right now my goal is to lose 40 pounds.  I know that's a hefty goal (pun intended), but I'm motivated and want to look better and feel better about myself.  Stephen said if I reach my goal he would buy me a Coach purse!  I've never owned anything designer in my entire life so Stephen wanted to give me something special.  That's a sacrifice for him, because if you know us, you know that we are not rich by any means and value every penny we earn...especially with a mortgage payment and student loans looming each month.  I'm going to try and post some Weight Watchers recipes as well as other tips and tools I use on here if anyone is interested.  I promise I won't turn this into a weight loss blog haha.

That's it for my resolutions.  What are your New Years Resolutions this year??

Have a blessed and happy 2013 with your loved ones!!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. It's great that you have 2 resolutions that you can focus on. Ohhh a Coach purse, what an awesome incentive! :) Good luck and Happy New Year!

    I just wrote about my To-Do this list year, instead of resolutions. Check it out if you have some free time! www.pinstripedpenguin.com

    Fanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm officially following your blog now! I love it!

      Delete
  2. Girl, I think we just need to have a weekly posting party announcing how we did. If I have to tell someone I think I might stick to it! Heck better yet I need to let Ryan know this whole Coach purse plan...that sounds like a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that! I have a feeling Stephen won't stick to the diet long haha and he doesn't need to lose weight anyways..he's mainly just doing it to help me. Love you LaLa!

      Delete