- 1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1b. lean ground beef
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (I use Old El Paso brand)
- 2 cups of Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup taco sauce (I use Ortega brand)
- 1 pkg. extra thin yellow corn tortillas (I use Mission brand)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
2. Add your 1/2 cup of oil to a large stock pot or nonstick pan and heat on medium heat until warm.
3. Once the oil has heated up, add your tortillas (2 at a time) to the oil, lightly frying them on one side. Once brown, flip the tortillas over and brown the other side. Remove tortillas from pan and dab with a napkin to remove excess oil. **Note, you will need 2 tortillas for every 1 pizza you are making. I made 4 pizzas which was a total of 8 tortillas.
4. Lay your tortillas on a 9x13 baking sheet. Spread a thin layer of refried beans over the tortillas using a spatula then add a layer of ground beef on top of the beans, and a layer of shredded cheese over the beef.
5. Add another tortilla on top, sandwiching the beans and beef mixture. On top of your tortilla, add a thin layer of taco sauce.
6. Add shredded cheese and black olives onto layer of sauce and put into the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. I also added jalapenos on Stephen's pizzas since he likes his hot.
7. Allow your pizzas to cool, then garnish with a dollop of sour cream and sliced tomatoes!