Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Servant's Heart


This weekend was our annual Women's Retreat with Capstone Church.  Friday afternoon mom and I headed out to Gallant, AL to Camp Sumatanga for a weekend of worship and the Word.  Our whole weekend was centered around Grace (kinda funny how God keeps throwing that one at me...see post here for more on that).  I am so thankful to be connected to such and amazing body of believers in a church where the Gospel is preached not only through the Word but through compassion and service to the Tuscaloosa community.  Here are some photo highlights from the weekend:











On top of an amazing weekend with the women of Capstone, when I got home Sunday afternoon Stephen had the entire house cleaned, candles burning, the laundry washed and dried and surprised me with a gift certificate to get a manicure and pedicure.  Seriously guys, could I be blessed with a sweeter husband?  He is a constant reminder to me of Christ's love and embodies the quality of unselfish servanthood, a quality that characterized the life of Jesus while he was on this Earth.  Through marriage I'm constantly having to remind myself that it's not all about me (who knew?)...like I seem to think from time to time.  I am a work in progress and I'm just flattered to think that God still chooses to love me and use me despite my shortcomings.  I am so thankful for Stephen's godly leadership in our marriage as well as the leadership in our Church body that are a constant reminder of our call to show the saving love of Jesus Christ to others.  HE MUST INCREASE, i must decrease.  




"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."  -Mark 10:45 (ESV)




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment